[Zope-dev] Z2 / Z3 publisher

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Mon Feb 13 07:54:22 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 13, 2006 at 12:44:44AM +0100, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
| Hello,
|
| I've hurd a bit ago that some people wanted to replace Zope 2 publisher
| with Zope 3 one.
| Is it still planned ?

I've looked at it and opened a can of worms *wink*. OTOH, I've
factored out parts of Zope 2 ZPublisher enough to implement
IPublication. The next step from there is providing a compatible
request and response objects.

This branch has a couple hacks to start up twisted and adapt the Zope
3 request/response to the expected Zope 2 ones. It does enough to
render the quickstart page with Zope 3's-included twisted and the
IPublication from Zope 2 but not much else.

http://svn.zope.org/Zope/branches/publication-refactor/

I think the refactoring into IPublication can be merged to trunk
without problem, but the branch needs some cleaning before that.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Enfold Systems, LLC.