[Zope-dev] Moving Five source code to svn.zope.org

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Feb 15 10:30:41 EST 2006

Hi all,

the cross-repository merging between Zope 2 and Five has become a pain,
especially as Five is now a big element in Zope 2 development. Since
Five is ZPL and part of the Zope repository tree already, we would like
to take another, final step now and move its complete source code
control to svn.zope.org.

Here are the details:

* Five will be living under the top-level directory 'Products.Five' at
svn.zope.org. Underneath will be thee standard trunk/branches/tags
structure (notice the plural, we currently use the singular convention
on codespeak.net).

* Zope 2.9 and the trunk will include Five via an svn:external to a Five
release tag. We won't bother fixing up Zope 2.8 with an external as it
is to be retired soon, anyways (1 year after its initial release on 11
June 2006 which will be a little after Zope 2.10 will be released).

* I plan on doing the migration some time during the PyCON conference or
sprint (24 Feb through 2 Mar). There might be a period of 1 day or so
when commits to Five won't be possible. I'll inform everyone in advance.
Perhaps Jens will even be attending PyCON so that we can do this onsite
together with him (including him in this message).

* Note that you will have to get svn.zope.org commit rights in order to
continue to contribute to Five in the future. If you haven't gotten them
yet, please do so. More info at
http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/FrontPage.

* Also note that the project home of Five will remain the z3base. That
means both the mailinglist and the homepage will not change.

If you have any comments, questions or concerns, feel free to contact me.

Best regards

Philipp