[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Two visions

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Mon Feb 27 10:53:47 EST 2006

My 2 EuroCents:

Vision 1 is, I think what is happening at the moment for pragamatic and
practical reasons. Drawbacks of this is that we loose the ZopeX3
(Zope3X?) vision of cutting loose from old burdens and take off to new
horizons.

Vision 2, on the other hand (at least to me in my
not-really-started-with-z3-development-yet situation), is a lot more
appealing for a variety of reasons, not the least that choosing working
development model (zope2 and zope3 for starters, there may be others)
becomes a "configuration"(*) issue.

The potential benefits of this approach are very appealing (almost like
eating the cake and still having it :), so I vote for vision 2.

/dario

(*) Configuration in a broad sense: mind model, conf-files, development
model, etc...
Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley