[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Two visions

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Feb 27 22:14:32 EST 2006

--On 27. Februar 2006 21:57:46 -0500 Stephan Richter
<srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu> wrote:

> On Monday 27 February 2006 10:37, Jim Fulton wrote:
>> 1) Our current vision (AFAIK) is that Zope 3 will eventually
>>    replace Zope 2
>>
>> 2) In an alternate vision, Zope 2 evolves to Zope 5.
>
> As you probably know already, I am -1 on the second proposal, since it
> will  disallow us to finally get rid of the old Zope 2 code.

Like it or not...I agree with Jim's vision will just be the reality. As
long as we do support Zope 2 we will move more and more Z3 technology into
Zope 2
which will strengthen Zope 2. I still do not see that Zope 3 will provide
everything we need to build large-scale applications. Having CMF 2.0 and
having some future Plone version running on top I don't see that Zope 2
will fade out.

Andreas