[Zope-dev] Re: 2.9.4? reStructuredText support?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Jul 9 15:35:48 EDT 2006

--On 9. Juli 2006 15:22:18 -0400 Tres Seaver <tseaver at palladion.com> wrote:

>> I've written some tests (checked in on the trunk). They test the 'raw'
>> and 'include' directives
>
> Great!  Maybe we can add a similar set for the 'fmt="restructured-text"'
> in DTML.

Jup, but I won't the able to this over the next days (being on the road).
Porting the tests would be trivial.

>> @Tres: what is the reason to keep the 'raw' code in docutils? I am in
>> favor to remove it and replace it with a NotImplementedError exception
>> (same as for the the 'include' code). The related tests (for
>> reStructredText and ZReST are commented for now) do except a
>> NotImplementedError for a 'raw' directive.
>
> 'raw' can be used to disable ReST processing for a block, even if the
> ':file:' or ':url:' options aren't set.;  I was trying to leave the
> possibility of that use case.

I figured that out meanwhile. There are now tests for 'url' and 'file'.
I also noticed tonight that there is another directive 'csv-table' that also
provides an 'url' flag:-)  We might check that as well however I could not
see a risk right now.

Andreas