[Zope-dev] unicodes and strings in Zope 2.9's ZPT with Zope 3's i18n

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jul 11 12:46:09 EDT 2006

Hi All,

Okay, I'm now using Zope 3's i18n in Zope 2.9.3 but have hit a snag with
Zope 2's ZPT...

Zope 3's translation stuff returns unicode, Zope 2's ZPT seems to work
in encoded strings so, when the list of text items is finally combined
in the last stage of ZPT rendering, I'm getting unicode errors.

I'm surprised no-one else has bumped into this unless I'm doing
something stupid...

Anyone?

cheers,

Chris