[Zope-dev] port number for HTTPServer

Miles Waller miles at jamkit.com
Mon Jul 17 09:32:05 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to find out the port number for the HTTP service running in
a zope instance.  I tried using socket_map as used in the Control_Panel
interface to report on running network services, but abandoned this
because I need to get the same information when running in a debug
instance as through the web.

My next approach uses App.config.getConfiguration().servers to get the
information fromn zope.conf directly.  But a few things seem not quite
right:

  - getConfiguration().servers gives me different lists through the
debug prompt and through the web.  why is this?

  - what is the most robust way to determine which of the listed servers
is the HTTPServer?

  - is it ever possible that the servers list would contain more than
one HTTPServer?

The reason for doing this is so that zope can call out to an external
program, and give it a notification url that the external program can
call back on.  Unfortunately I can't change this method of integration.

Thanks for your help!

Miles