[Zope-dev] Should PageTemplate._text be a unicode or an encoded string in Zope 2.9.3?

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Jul 17 12:08:53 EDT 2006

--On 17. Juli 2006 16:55:42 +0100 Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk>
wrote:

> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>
>>> I've had problems when it's an encoded string, but that seems to be what
>>> is stored when you save a ZPT via the ZMI or WebDAV...
>>>
>> ZPT in pre-Zope 2.10 knows nothing about unicode...it can be anything :-)
>
> And what about 2.10?

Zope 2.10 comes with the ZPT implementation of Zope 3 which works nicely
with unicode strings. However the 2.10 won't enforce the use of unicode
strings for backward compatibility. However (at least)  the
ZopePageTemplate
class constructor has a flag 'strict' to enforce the use of unicode.

-aj

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376