[Zope-dev] Should PageTemplate._text be a unicode or an encoded string in Zope 2.9.3?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Fri Jul 21 10:53:23 EDT 2006

Jens Vagelpohl wrote:
> CMFCore/FSPageTemplate does not do anything special, it defers to the
> PageTemplate implementation.

Yay! *sigh*

Uggg... we need something like python's
header-at-top-of-file-to-specify-encoding thing, unless we force ZPT
source to be XML, in which case we can "do the right thing" in the XML
style....

I wonder how Zope 3's filesystem-based ZPT's deal with this?

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk