[Zope-dev] Should PageTemplate._text be a unicode or an encoded string in Zope 2.9.3?

Tino Wildenhain tino at wildenhain.de
Sat Jul 22 09:34:01 EDT 2006

Stefan H. Holek wrote:

> On 21. Jul 2006, at 16:53, Chris Withers wrote:
>
>> I wonder how Zope 3's filesystem-based ZPT's deal with this?
>

> zope.pagetemplate.pagetemplatefile.PageTemplateFile reads an eventual

Well, pagetemplate files are another thing. They have to deal with
the lack of charset information of a filesystem file and what they
do once they load the data is even another thing.

Even filesystem pagetemplates should work with unicode internal,
making it easy to recode them for output and combine with other
potentially unicode stuff.

Tino