[Zope-dev] zeo server conflict resolving

M. Krainer mkrainer05 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 2 04:21:01 EDT 2006

Can someone please enlighten me on conflict resolving of the zeo server?

I'm getting occasional conflict errors from the zeo server.
The class I'm getting those conflict errors is a simple class
(only inheriting from Persistent) that defines a _p_resolveConflict()
method.

What I found out so far is, that in FileStorage.store() if
serial!=cached_tid then
tryToResolveConflict() gets called. In this method, in order to resolve the
conflict, find_globals tries to import the module where my class is defined.
Here's the problem. The zeo server has no information about my Products dir.
I added it to the PYTHONPATH variable in zeoctl before starting the server.
If I do a 'zeoctl show python' the Product dir shows up in the path, but
when
I log sys.path from within the find_globals() method it does NOT show up.

How can I teach the zeo server to lookup my Products dir to resolve the
conflict?

 - Markus