[Zope-dev] zeo server conflict resolving

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Jun 3 07:36:02 EDT 2006

M. Krainer wrote at 2006-6-2 12:27 +0200:
>Forgot to mention that this was actually the first thing I tried. But it
>doesen't work, as
>the INSTANCE_HOME dir does also not show up in sys.path (in find_globals).

A ZEO weakness, I fixed in our local copy this way:

"runzeo.py":

# DM: 2004-06-03
# activate Zope's INSTANCE_HOME magic.
# This is necessary for conflict resolution of classes
# defined in "$INSTANCE_HOME/Products"
# Note that this is only a partial workaround. A complete solution
# would give ZEO the same Python path and product configuration options
# used by Zope. To get better control which classes are loaded
# an additional registration facility for such classes would
# be needed as well.
try: from App import FindHomes
except ImportError: pass # this is not Zope

--
Dieter