[Zope-dev] Re: OFS.Application deprecations for Zope 2.10

Florent Guillaume fg at nuxeo.com
Tue Jun 13 16:13:28 EDT 2006

On 13 Jun 2006, at 21:51, Tres Seaver wrote:
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> Chris Withers wrote:
>>>
>>> Am I right as reading this as someone else who feels "why are we
>>> deprecating this just for the sake of it?" ?
>>
>> If you need monkey patching I don't see why the framework should
>> help you.
>> This should be extremely rare occurences with big comments, not
>> use of a
>> magic 'methods' class attribute.
>
> Removing it breaks longstanding and widely-used third-party products,
> which means that anyone upgrading will have to upgrade the products at
> the same time.  The win in this case is mostly aesthetic, which makes
> the removal less attractive.

Yes but the deprecation has been there for a while, and the third
party product developers have been ignoring the warning. Their loss.
And this is only for Zope 2.10 which I doubt these third party
products are using at the moment.
If we don't remove things at some point, there's no point in doing
deprecation warnings.

We can push it back to Zope 2.11... Actually I really don't care,
I've patched EE.

Florent

+33 1 40 33 71 59   http://nuxeo.com   fg at nuxeo.com