[Zope-dev] Re: OFS.Application deprecations for Zope 2.10

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Thu Jun 15 11:42:48 EDT 2006

Hi Chris!

Chris McDonough wrote:
> For what it's worth, maybe there's some middle ground here.  Just
> because something is deprecated doesn't need it needs to have a hard
> date to be removed.  Why don't we just have the first use of zLOG in
> each module generate a deprecation warning and just leave it there
> forever?  People will get sick of seeing the warnings, and they'll
> eventually change it, but there's just no reason to *force* them to
> change it on our time schedule.  And if they don't, who cares?  People
> who don't want to see the warnings can filter them out.

This sounds like a good compromise. At least for 'methods'. I don't know
if we should leave it there forever, but we could keep it at least until
it gets in the way of code improvements.

Nobody complained about removing '__ac_permissions__' and 'meta_types'
support, so I guess they can be removed in Zope 2.11.

Cheers,

	Yuppie