[Zope-dev] Re: Time-based releases a good idea?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Jun 15 16:59:42 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote at 2006-6-15 09:13 +0200:
>Hmm, then we have different perspectives on why we would evolve (since
>evolvement is typically the cause of BBB code and hence deprecation
>warnings). I think there are two main driving factors:

Indeed.

>* cutting down the amount of code duplication and duplicated frameworks.
>
>We've had two ZPT implementations, now we have to maintain only one. We
>had our own logging framework, now we can simply use Python's, etc.

The second logging framework ("zLOG") was a tiny wrapper around Python's
logging -- no need to force changes by removing it.

I understand the wish to have only a single ZPT implementation.

>Even more so, they're already documented by someone else. (Was zLOG ever
>documented? I don't think so. But the 'logging' module is.)

Its configuration was documented in the Zope schema file.
Its single API method was self explaining...

--
Dieter