[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Stable / Development branches?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Wed Jun 21 06:36:15 EDT 2006

Chris Withers wrote:
> Andreas Jung wrote:
>>
>>> I for one, is NOT interested in backporting fixed in Five trunk to
>>> both Five 1.0, 1.1, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5, which is what are the current
>>> versions of Five if we say that Zope 2.8 and 2.7 should be still
>>> supported after the release of 2.10.
>>
>> We don't talk about Zope 2.7 which is dead.
>
> ...except for all the people still using it ;-)

It's dead from a maintenance point of view. If you still want to
maintain it, be our guest. But you yourself said that maintaining too
many branches is madness.

There's nothing wrong with software being in production whose particular
line isn't maintained anymore. I have Linux kernels 2.4 and Apaches 1.3
in production. What's your point?

Philipp