[Zope-dev] Re: Re: Re: Two visions

Martin Aspeli optilude at gmx.net
Thu Mar 2 15:56:51 EST 2006

On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 19:31:38 -0000, Stefane Fermigier <sf at nuxeo.com> wrote:

> Strange how (most of) the Plone people seem to be so quick in willing to
> sacrifice the Zope brand :(

I don't think that's true. I'm certainly not, and I've not heard anyone
directly in favour of that either. What I *am* in favour of is branding
the current Zope efforts much more strongly, and I think that an
*additional* name to hype a Zope 3 brand around (Zope 3 Zebra or whatever)
would make such marketing easier.

Building our software on a less obscure appserver would make Plone much
stronger. I know a very large organisation that would jump on Plone if it
were built in Java. Zope is scary.

Martin

--
(muted)