[Zope-dev] running unit tests for Zope 2.8

Geoff Davis geoff at phds.org
Mon Mar 13 18:04:14 EST 2006

Hi --

I have a fix for http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2037 and would like
to write a unit test for it.  However, I don't seem to be able to run the
existing unit tests for SiteAccess with zopectl test.

I created a new instance, then in my instance run

bin/zopectl test --dir=/opt/Zope-2.8/lib/python/Products/SiteAccess/tests/

which yields the following:

Running tests via: /usr/local/bin/python /opt/Zope-2.8/bin/test.py -v --config-file /home/zope/zopefix/etc/zope.conf --libdir Products --dir=/opt/Zope-2.8/lib/python/Products/SiteAccess/tests/
Running unit tests at level 1
Running unit tests from /opt/Zope-2.8/lib/python/Products/SiteAccess/tests
Parsing /home/zope/zopefix/etc/zope.conf

Ran 0 tests in 0.000s

Any idea as to why no tests run?  Am I missing some special incantation to
get zopectl test to run?  Or should I be running the Zope tests some other
way?

Thanks

Geoff