[Zope-dev] Re: How to delete an object given a path in Zope

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Wed Mar 15 15:26:28 EST 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Takahashi, Michael wrote:
>>
>>I've actually tried that.  The problem I run into is that the folder in
>>my path contains a dash. When I call manage_delObjects on the following:
>>

>>obj = context.restrictedTraverse('webcasts/courses/2005-2006/temp')
>
> You need to get a reference to the container, and call
> 'manage_delObject' on it, e.g.:
>
>   container = context.restrictedTraverse('webcasts/courses/2005-2006')
>   container.manage_delObject('temp')

I usually just call aq_parent

    obj = context.restrictedTraverse('webcasts/courses/2005-2006/temp')
    container = obj.aq_parent
    container.manage_delObject('temp')

If you are deleting a list of objects in different folders you need to
do a bit of tapdancing not to delete parents first. Like reverse sorting
on the length of the physical path.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/