XML export/import is cool! (Was Re: [Zope-dev] Deprecating XML export/import?)

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sun Mar 26 06:13:34 EST 2006

--On 26. März 2006 09:58:07 +0100 Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the patch (commited for Zope 2.8, 2.9. trunk). This solves at
> least the import problems on my side. Unfortunately there are no tests
> for export/import so fixing issues is like flying blindfolded.

Although the patch does not help to export a complete Plone site as XML.
This fails with:

Traceback (innermost last):

    * Module ZPublisher.mapply, line 88, in mapply
    * Module ZPublisher.Publish, line 40, in call_object
    * Module OFS.ObjectManager, line 547, in manage_exportObject
    * Module OFS.XMLExportImport, line 58, in exportXML
    * Module OFS.XMLExportImport, line 33, in XMLrecord
    * Module Shared.DC.xml.ppml, line 263, in load
    * Module pickle, line 872, in load
    * Module Shared.DC.xml.ppml, line 418, in load_binput

AttributeError: 'unicode' object has no attribute 'id'

-aj