[Zope-dev] Re: SVN: Zope/branches/2.9/lib/python/ update to latest revision of ZODB 3.6 for upcoming release

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Sun Mar 26 14:39:12 EST 2006

Tres Seaver wrote:
> Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>>> Log message for revision 66185:
>>>   update to latest revision of ZODB 3.6 for upcoming release
>
> Should'nt we be tagging a ZODB release for this?  I *really* don't like
> the practice of releasing a product which has non-tagged dependencies
> linked as externals, bound only to a meaning-free revision ID.

Which is why I once suggested to the SVN developers to allow revision
IDs have a human-readable alias :).

Anyways, since both the 2.9.x and the 3.2.0 release used a meaning-free
revision ID of ZODB, I didn't bother and change this practice for
2.9.3/3.2.1 now. If you want to create a ZODB 3.6.1 release, please do
so, but it's a lot of work for me right now. I also didn't feel like
peeing in someone else's pool since the ZODB was sort of Tim's territory
in the past.

Philipp