[Zope-dev] RE: pywin32 - Can not install signal handlers

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Mar 27 04:34:36 EST 2006

> > * that directory is on your PATH before the Windows SYSTEM32 directory
> > (which is where pywin32 sticks its copy of these files, for
> various reasons)
>
> Do both this and the above have to be true, or will things work if
> either of them are true?

Either one has the end result of locating the pywin32 system DLLs in Zope's
Python directory before the copies in system32.

> > In the case of runzope.bat, this just means having the CWD of
> > the shell be the Python dir, and specifying the path to runzope.bat.  A
> > better solution
> > moving forward may be to have runzope.bat explicitly CD to that
> > directory before doing its thing...
>
> Yeah, that's cool, but how are you _supposed_ to exit zope when using
> runzope.bat?

I'm not quite with you there.  My suggestion was that we change
skel/bin/runzope.bat.in so that it has a 'CD' command (actually 'CD /D')
before the final "%PYTHON%" line.  Either with or without this modification,
you exit runzope.bat by pressing Ctrl+C.

Mark