[Zope-dev] TCP CLOSE_WAIT leaks

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Mar 31 13:38:08 EST 2006

Alan Milligan wrote at 2006-3-28 10:44 +1000:
>>>It seems something's not properly clearing down the connection to
>>>release the thread.
>As these threads have not completed, there's no access log entry, and
>the other socket terminal has obviously closed, meaning I can't chase
>the issue down from the other end either.

A missing "clearing down" of the client's connection cannot be the
cause for this. The (worker) thread must finish (and you
should see a log entry) long before this connection is expected to
be closed. The problem you observe seems to indicate a problem
inside your request processing. Activating the "debuglogger"
(or similarly spelled) can prove whether or not this assumption
is correct.

--
Dieter