[Zope-dev] Zope 2.9.3 release

Alec Mitchell apm13 at columbia.edu
Wed May 10 13:15:16 EDT 2006

On 5/9/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> --On 9. Mai 2006 17:32:06 -0700 Alec Mitchell <apm13 at columbia.edu> wrote:
>
> > On 5/9/06, Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I plan to release Zope 2.9.3 by this weekend. The release contains
> >> some important fixes and a Five update. Any objections?
> >
> > Sounds good to me, any chance of a new 2.8 release as well?  Or is 2.8
> > completey 100% dead already.
>
> I'll have to look at the changelog first...

My main concern is that the traversal security issue which affects any
object that tries to acquire attributes and has been marked
five:traversable (thankfully this nonsense is gone in 2.10) was a
problem for both 2.8 and 2.9.  Unless there's a 2.8 with that fix,
Plone 2.5 will not be able to run on Zope 2.8.  Though this would
doubtlessly make a few people happy, the Plone Windows installer
apparently needs to use 2.8 unless the Plone release is heavily
delayed to get the installer woking with Python 2.4/Zope 2.9.

Alec