[Zope-dev] Re: SVN: Zope/branches/ajung-zpt-end-game/lib/python/Products/PageTemplates/tests/testZopePageTemplate.py A recent fix in the zope 3 traversing code now requires the ITraversable

Tres Seaver tseaver at palladion.com
Sun May 28 22:06:27 EDT 2006

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:

> Log message for revision 68328:
>   A recent fix in the zope 3 traversing code now requires the ITraversable
>   adapter to be present even when traversing just dicts. No problem, we can
>   set it up quite easily.
>
>   This basically finishes this branch. All tests pass, some 3rd party apps
>   have been tested with it. There are a few test failures in the CMF and
>   others (e.g. Plone), but that's mostly "their fault" (incorrect or
>   unexpected usage of certain things).

Those are BBB fouls, as those failures do not emit deprecation warnings
when run against 2.9.  In fact, none of the deprecation warnings which
are raised when running the CMF 2.0 tests under 2.9 allow for failures
under 2.10.

The failrures are mostly instances of:

  - The "empty path element" exception.  Zope3's choice to make that an
    error is undefended, AFAIK (Fred never replied to your query about
    the reason), and needs BBB in any case.

  - CMFDefault/skin/configure.zcml blows up because the syntax of the
    'browser:skin' directive has changed in a BBB-incompatible way.  The
    now-failing directive is::

     <browser:skin
        name="cmf"
        layers="cmf default"
        />

    and the traceback is *very* weird::

      ZopeXMLConfigurationError: File \
        "/tmp/endgame/Products/CMFDefault/skin/configure.zcml", line \
        10.2-13.8
      ConfigurationError: ('Invalid value for', 'layers', "ImportError:\
       Couldn't import default, No module named default in cmf default")

  - "No traversable adapter found" raised out of
    'boboAwareZopeTraverse'.  This one is likely due to the prior
    ZCML issue, which blows out ZCML processing early.

These problems aren't blockers for a 2.10 beta, but they must be
resolved before a final release.

Tres.
- --
Tres Seaver          +1 202-558-7113          tseaver at palladion.com