[Zope-dev] Re: Future of ZClasses

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Oct 9 13:24:59 EDT 2006

--On 9. Oktober 2006 19:11:55 +0200 Dieter Maurer <dieter at handshake.de>
wrote:

>> I would not recommend anyone to over-use multiple inheritance as it's
>> been done in Zope 2.
>
> I am a strong favorite of (multiple) inheritance and use it excessively.
> I have the feeling that it makes me very productive.

We have some code where some classes have up to 15(!) base classes (usually
mixin classes), not counting classes inherited from the mix-in classes. I
would call that unmanageable. Personal productivity is one side of the
medal, readability and understandability of code for other team member is
the other side of the medal. Although I am not the biggest fan of the
component architecture I have to admit that it makes a lot of things
clearer and cleaner.

-aj