[Zope-dev] Re: Zope Tests: 8 OK, 1 Failed

yuppie y.2006_ at wcm-solutions.de
Sun Oct 29 04:06:42 EST 2006

Hi Andreas! Hi Philipp!

Andreas Jung wrote:

> --On 28. Oktober 2006 23:50:36 +0200 Philipp von Weitershausen
> <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
>>
>> OMG, why are we using the 3.3 branch HEAD on the 2.10 branch??? This is
>> how Stephan's fix got pulled into Zope 2 automatically and *automatically
>> broke* Zope 2. It also broke Five trunk for some reason (the formlib
>> stuff). Obviously, this is bad.
>>
>> We should stick to specific revisions or tags when pointing to externals.
>> Pointing to HEAD of a branch or trunk is insane as it's an uncontrollable
>> risk.
>>

> As discussed with you: I will change the externals on the 2.10 branch to
> the related 3.3 tag.

Oops! Sorry! I did not mean to cause any confusion:

- AFAICT the 2.10 branch points already to the 3.3.0 tag.

- The test failure is on Zope trunk which points to the 3.3 branch HEAD.

- The collector issue I opened mentions an unsupported combination (Zope
2.10 branch with Five trunk and Zope 3.3 branch).

I hope there will be a Zope 3.3.1 release that will be included in Zope
2.10.1. The person who will stitch in the Zope 3.3.1 tag will see this
failure and http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2198 might give a hint
what the problem is.

Cheers,

	Yuppie