[Zope-dev] Re: Re: I am starting to hate Zope/Plone development and its bl**dy lack of refresh.

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Mon Sep 4 08:44:35 EDT 2006

--On 4. September 2006 09:59:29 -0230 Rocky Burt <rocky at serverzen.com>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-04-09 at 14:25 +0200, Andreas Jung wrote:
>>
>> --On 4. September 2006 09:43:07 -0230 Rocky Burt <rocky at serverzen.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > So, I've learned to change my habits.  I'm sure you've heard this a
>> > million times, but there's good reason... it just works.  And that is
>> > to write unit tests to build your functionality rather than loading it
>> > up in Zope.
>>
>> There is not much difference. Restarting a Plone instance with a bag full
>> of bricks is nearly the same as running Plone unittests with the same
>> amount of bricks on your back.
>
> Unit tests don't need to load in Plone.  More times than not they don't
> even need to load up ZTC.  It's the integration tests that end up

Usually I don't write any unittests but only integration tests for Plone
using PTC. That's what I am talking about. Usually I don't write unittests
for AT/Plone boilerplate code...you test it one time and it works. More
important are integration tests and they really take more or less the same
amount of startup time.

-aj