[Zope-dev] Release schedule for Zope 2.11/3.4?

Martijn Faassen faassen at infrae.com
Tue Sep 12 06:28:10 EDT 2006

Andreas Jung wrote:
> since we are three month late with the current releas, it would make
> sense to reschedule Zope 2.11/3.4 for July (or was it June) next yr?!

Is the reasoning here that since a release cycle has taken 9 months, so
should the next? I'm not convinced expanding the release cycle is going
to make us be on time more.

> If we want to stick with the half-yr cycles, we need to schedule the
> next release for around March/April next yr. Thoughts?

That's one option. The other option is to stick with the plan and catch
up, as Christian Theune proposed. It would mean getting very
unambitious, but perhaps that isn't a bad idea. The idea of a release is
to have a reasonably stable, known-good version of the trunk, and it
doesn't matter that much how much the trunk changes.

Anyway, if the main thing holding up *this* release is bugfixes, doing a
new release in 3 months shouldn't be a problem, as after all, we've
already fixed those bugs this time around. :)

Regards,

Martijn