[Zope-dev] Serving large files

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Mon Sep 18 10:41:15 EDT 2006

On Sep 18, 2006, at 8:16 AM, Christian Theune wrote:

> Jim Fulton wrote:
>>
>> On Sep 17, 2006, at 3:24 PM, Christian Theune wrote:
>>
>>> I wonder whether this statement is true:
>>>
>>>    Any connection handed out after the connection breaks the ACID
>>>    compliance of the request.
>>
>> I wonder what "Any connection handed out after the connection"
>> means.
>
> Argh. Obviously this was a broken sentence. :)
>
> I wonder again:
>
>     Would the ACID compliance break if we hand out any
>     ZODB connection after the worker thread is completed.

And perhaps, implicitly, after the worker thread has closed the
connection.

It is likely that all sorts of bad things would happen, as the
connection might already have  been haded to another thread,

> Sidnei already mentioned to re-create a connection for the iterator to
> be passed back with the tid that represents the right state as of the
> end of the transaction in the worker thread.

Of course, ot would be a different instance of the iterator,
Something like that could certainly work.

Jim

CTO 				(540) 361-1714			http://www.python.org