[Zope-dev] Future of ZClasses

Jonathan dev101 at magma.ca
Wed Sep 27 14:42:43 EDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Fulton" <jim at zope.com>
To: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>
Cc: "Andreas Jung" <lists at zopyx.com>; <zope-dev at zope.org>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 2:16 PM
Subject: Re: [Zope-dev] Future of ZClasses

> Jonathan wrote:
>>
>>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andreas Jung" <lists at zopyx.com>
>>> To: "Jonathan" <dev101 at magma.ca>; <zope-dev at zope.org>

>>> Right. And nobody stepped in to work on an alternative solution. Another
>>> indication that the core developers don't care much about ZClasses.

>>> Likely.
>>
>> Oh crap...
>
> Before you get to excited, you should probably try it.  If it breaks,
> it is likely to break in small ways.  I'm just guessing.  ZClasses
> haven't been removed. It's just that I'm pretty much the only one who
> can fix them and I have lots of other priorities. :/
>
> Jim

>From a 'robustness' and 'sleep-better-at-nite' perspective I would rather
spend the time making sure the application is rock-solid (by replacing the
zclasses once and for all) and not have to worry about this issue everytime
a new release of zope is installed.

I'm going to consider this a 'learning experience' ;-)

BTW -  nothing beats ZClasses and DTML for quick-and-dirty demos, one-time
applications, and rapid-prototyping!