[Zope-dev] PYTHONPATH

whit d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 19:26:49 EDT 2006

I've been working with workingenv.py and zope a bit.  It offers a very
nice fashion of working with zope(constrains python and setuptools to
operating in a restricted environment).

there are some lumps.

you have to call the --home flag when creating the environment. I
haven't successful made a zope checkout in to a workingenv itself. those
are small potatoes.

More pressing is that currently to make this work, you have to hand edit
bin/zopectl and bin/runzope like so::

PYTHONPATH="$SOFTWARE_HOME"

to:

PYTHONPATH="$SOFTWARE_HOME:$PYTHONPATH"

Would there be any negative sideeffect to make this change the default
in the instance skeleton?

It seems like if you've set your PYTHONPATH and start zope, you would
expect that path to be available.

Anyone object to this going forward? Anyone think this is a bug that
should be fixed(on older versions)?

comments, suggestions appreciated.

-w