[Zope-dev] Future of ZClasses

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Thu Sep 28 01:05:21 EDT 2006

--On 28. September 2006 06:32:32 +0200 Andreas Jung <lists at zopyx.com> wrote:

> --On 27. September 2006 15:09:13 -0400 Jim Fulton <jim at zope.com> wrote:
>
>> Jonathan wrote:
>>> From a 'robustness' and 'sleep-better-at-nite' perspective I would
>>> rather  spend the time making sure the application is rock-solid (by
>>> replacing  the zclasses once and for all) and not have to worry about
>>> this issue  everytime a new release of zope is installed.
>>
>> Right. Applications that are gooing to be maintained over the long term
>> should not use ZClasses, for a lot of reasons.
>
> That is exactly the case and because of this we must tell the people:
> ZClasses are a one-way road - no way out.

But you might also go to Zope Corp. with a bag full of money and say: "Hey,
ZClasses are important for me and my business. Could we make a project in
order to get ZClasses in a better shape?"...depending on what's inside the
bag, ZC might say yes or no :-)

Andreas

Web: www.zopyx.com - Email: info at zopyx.com - Phone +49 - 7071 - 793376