[Zope-dev] What's the deal with sublocations?

Stefan H. Holek stefan at epy.co.at
Tue Apr 10 08:04:32 EDT 2007

Most ObjectEvents are dispatched to "sublocations". I was wondering
whether it is ok for me to expect a certain dispatch order, i.e. top-
down (container before sublocation) or bottom-up (sublocation before
container)?

What I find is that this order depends on things like the exact
interface a handler is registered for and, in Zope 2.9 (+3.2), even
on the way I run tests (!).

I can only conclude that there is no guaranteed dispatch order. Now,
should there be? Where can I learn about this contract?

Also see http://www.zope.org/Collectors/Zope/2308

Thanks,
Stefan

--
It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order, though.
   --Douglas Adams