[Zope-dev] Why are ZClasses Dead

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Wed Apr 18 23:36:35 EDT 2007

--On 18. April 2007 16:31:29 -0700 Christopher Lozinski
<lozinski at freerecruiting.com> wrote:

> 3. There is no one to maintain ZClasses
> Again not true, I need to do it for my own interests.   I am at the point
> where I want to upgrade ZClasses

You're telling us that for years...submit code, human resources or money
in order to keep ZClasses alive.

You may have a legitimate in ZClasses just because of your business needs
are as they are. Also as Martin Aspeli pointed out there might be some need
in the Zope world for *something* ZClass-like. In the current Zope world
we have better alternatives to get easy things implemented more easily ->
see GROK which is a really good example how to turn the Zope 3 into an
easy-to-use system!

Once again: you have a vision...that's good. However most of us don't share
your vision when it comes to the implementation detail called "ZClasses".
If you want something better it is up to you to get ZClassesNG or whatever
it would be called started. However the current ZClasses implementation
isn't suitable for bigger projects as indicated multiple times.

I am not negative because you talk about ZClasses but about that you're
talking (and complaining) about ZClasses and their state since years
without contributing anything to ZClasses. This makes you just implausible
to me.

Andreas