[Zope-dev] Re: Killer App for ZClasses

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Apr 19 01:56:55 EDT 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
> Christopher Lozinski wrote:
>> I need a very simple app.  Just 1 ZClass, an invoice object.  Not even
>> subitems on the invoice.  I want to create these ZClasses, I want a
>> table of these ZClasses, I want to be able to say which role gets to
>> create these objects, which role gets to see which fields, and which
>> role gets to edit which fields.  I would also like a search form with
>> a ZCatalog, and I would like an edit/create form.   All I want is to
>> define the fields of the Zclass, and have the rest magically appear.
>> I want the application to be built really quickly.   Can you deliver
>> by Monday?

I should note that for reasons of brevity, I deliberately omitted two
features from the "spec" above:

* catalog searching (would be possible with another Page Template for
the search results view and ~20 lines of Python code, if even that much)

* security declarations (a couple of lines here and there)