[Zope-dev] Request typing (to get the xmlrpc layer discussion finished)

Stephan Richter srichter at cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Tue Dec 18 05:56:20 EST 2007

On Monday 17 December 2007, Jim Fulton wrote:
> WRT this use case, I strongly suspect it would be simpler and easier
> to support defining multiple configurations in ZCML and a mechanism to
> specify different configurations for different sites within an
> instance.  In fact, I think Stephan Richter added this a while ago.

Yes, see z3c.baseregistry. Base registries effectively allow "skinning" of all
components registered with the component registries. This includes adapters
and utilities. I sometimes call base registries a way to do site-based
component skinning. :-)

However, see my other responses (when written ;-) on why skins are still
useful.

Regards,
Stephan
--