[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope 2.11] Stepping forward and going beta

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Tue Dec 18 15:53:55 EST 2007

Andreas Jung wrote:
> the Zope 2.11 beta phase has been delayed for while. The reason for
> holding but the release was Philipps and Hannos work on the
>
> <http://svn.zope.org/Zope/branches/philikon-aq/>
>
> branch. Unfortunately both can't work (lack of personal time) on the
> branch and finish it in the feature. So I propose to release Zope 2.11
> beta 1
> by the end of the year w/o this branch. Zope 2.11 would contain the Zope
> 3.4 and ZODB 3.8 with blob support as major new features.
>
> Objections? Thoughts?

+1 btw. Is there an ETA for beta1?

The only thing I'm going to do if no one objects is to deprecate calling
the ViewPageTemplateFile in Five without passing in the view. This
should at least allow us to merge the aq-branch without any problems for
Zope 2.13 if noone can think of a way around the problem.

Hanno