[Zope-dev] Re: five.customerize

Martijn Faassen faassen at startifact.com
Fri Dec 21 02:15:39 EST 2007

Martin Aspeli wrote:
> Martijn Faassen wrote:
[snip]
>> So, what's the plan to clean up this mess? Can the Plone specific
>> stuff be cleared up from the branches into a Plone-specific package
>> and a new release be made that works for both Plone and the rest of
>> the Zope world?
>
> I thought it was ... we have five.customerize and then
> plone.app.customerize for the Plone-specific stuff. I'm not intimately
> familiar with the code, but you may want to check in with witsch,
> philiKON and alecm who are.

The current release definitely has dependencies on Plone. Zope doesn't
even start as it tries to import from Plone. I already talked to
philiKON and he didn't know. I'm assuming witsch or alecm are subscribed
to this list so I'll wait for their answer.

It seems to me it's also in the best interest of the Plone developers to
have this cleaned up, right?

Regards,

Martijn