[Zope-dev] Re: [Z3d] 747/ 2 Comment "zope.app.interface PersistentInterfaceClass dependents broken"

Ross Patterson me at rpatterson.net
Fri Jan 12 17:16:37 EST 2007

I've submitted a patch for zope.app.interface.PersistentInterfaceClass
and it looks like I could use the approach of zodbcode ModuleManagers
and zope.app.interface.PersistentInterfaceClass instances for what I
need.

Over the course of this work, however, I noticed
ZODB.persistentclass.PersistentMetaClass.  Does anyone have any sense
of how one might decide to use persistent modules versus
PersistentMetaClass?  Which cases are appropriate for which approach?
Is either body of code more of less active/up-to-date/well-maintained
than the other?

My specific case is that I want to allow site administrators to create
new marker interfaces to be used to mark content and to register
adapters for.'

Ross