[Zope-dev] Re: ploneout - Or how using zc.buildout for a common Zope2 project might look like

Hanno Schlichting plone at hannosch.info
Thu Jan 18 06:53:01 EST 2007

Martijn Faassen wrote:
> Hey,
>
> Just some feedback in case you haven't gotten this already: I have
> problem running bin/buildout as it seems to fail getting workingenv.py
> from the cheeseshop:
>
> zc.buildout.easy_install: Getting new distribution for workingenv.py>=0.3
> Page at http://www.python.org/pypi/workingenv.py/ links to .py file(s)
> without version info; an index scan is required.
> error: Couldn't find a setup script in /tmp/tmpDRKwglget_dist/workingenv.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):

Ah I had that problem with buildout as well. I could install it using my
global easy_install though.

Probably we need to append some '#egg=project-version' here according to
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools#dependencies-that-aren-t-in-pypi
as workingenv is distributed as a single Python script rather than a
package.

Hanno