[Zope-dev] Re: [Bug] ZODB invalidation processing

Joachim Schmitz js at aixtraware.de
Fri Jun 1 09:19:18 EDT 2007

Tres Seaver schrieb:

>> <BTrees._IOBTree.IOBTree object at 0xb562fadc>
>> <DateIndex at created>
>> <Products.ZCatalog.Catalog.Catalog object at 0xb12d622c>
>> <CatalogTool at portal_catalog>
>> <CPSDefaultSite at uniben>
>> <Application at >
>> {'Application': <Application at >, 'ZGlobals': <BTrees._OOBTree.OOBTree
>> object at 0xb2739224>}
>>
>> What does this tell us ?
>
> That is a "real" conflict:  both transactions have inserted values into
> the 'created' date index's '_index'  under the same key, which can't be
> resolved.  Retrying the transaction is the only choice here.
>
> Because DateIndexes convert the indexed value to an integer with
> precision of one minute,
really one minute or do you mean second.

  a date index on 'created' is fairly likely to
> generate such conflicts when two parties both create content at the same
> time.
But then I wonder how a CMF site could ever work, this error shows up
already on my lokal system when to users add something. On our live
system it is killing our portal ?
I would consider this a bug.

--
Gruß Joachim