[Zope-dev] Re: [Zope3-dev] Re: Proposal for optimized Blob handling

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Wed Mar 7 23:16:53 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, Philipp von Weitershausen <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
> Am I the only person here who immediately associated "link" with the
> POSIX? Also, am I the only one who read "when possible" as "when on a
> POSIX system where link is available", in other words, "when not on
> Windows"? One starts to wonder...

NTFS does support hard links since version 5, which means Windows
2000+. It does not support hard links to directories though, only soft
links (which are called junctions or junction points). The version of
NTFS shipped with Vista supports hard links for directories I believe.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214