[Zope-dev] Early processing of request body (was: Proposal for optimized Blob handling)

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at enfoldsystems.com
Thu Mar 8 09:58:18 EST 2007

On 3/8/07, Christian Theune <ct at gocept.com> wrote:
> I really wonder whether that's necessary.

Yeah, after re-reading Dieter's reply, I sort of wonder how big of a
deal that is.

> Actually. I'll take a look
> around the other web frameworks and check how they do their REQUEST
> processing. Maybe I can learn something from that.

I suspect you will find that they don't do anything special. You could
look at how Apache or Squid does it though.

> > Hopefully something similar could be done for files being sent *out*
> > of the application when they don't need any application processing
> > anymore (ie, Blobs!).
>
> We already have that. The FileStreamIterator allows you to hand out an
> iterable that will be used outside the application thread to stream data
> from.

Right, I had something else in mind which is serving large data from
the ZODB when you're done with the application logic. But that's
another story.

--
Sidnei da Silva
Fax +1 832 201 8856     Office +1 713 942 2377 Ext 214