[Zope-dev] Re: Zope on Python 2.5?

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Thu Nov 1 06:17:37 EDT 2007

Alexander Limi wrote:
> Will Zope 2 ever run on Python 2.5, or is that postponed indefinitely?

It will run on Python 2.5 when somebody makes it run.

> We see an increasing amount of users trying to use Zope 2 with their
> systems that have Python 2.5 as default.

Then I suggest you do something about it. Making it a sprint topic on
one of the numerous Plone sprints would help, for instance.

As far as I can remember, Nikhil (our GSoC student) looked at making
RestrictedPython work on Python 2.5. Somebody should review this.
Moreover, there are lots C extension that -- last time I checked -- just
failed to compile on Python 2.5. Though I'm sure most of these problems
could be fixed by applying suggested replacements in the Python 2.5
release notes.