[Zope-dev] Re: [Checkins] SVN: zope.app.securitypolicy/branches/3.4/CHANGES.txt Bring over changes from the trunk

Philipp von Weitershausen philipp at weitershausen.de
Fri Nov 9 11:19:31 EST 2007

On 9 Nov 2007, at 17:11 , Lennart Regebro wrote:
> On Nov 9, 2007 5:02 PM, Philipp von Weitershausen
> <philipp at weitershausen.de> wrote:
>> Yeah, but other packages in the current KGS have already been
>> converted to use zope.securitypolicy, so reverting the split-up would
>> cause more trouble than I thought it would've fixed.
>
> Ah, so if this is done, the next KGS version can't be easily based on
> the current one, is that correct?

I suppose you mean that the KGS couldn't have easily been updated to
use that new version of zope.app.securitypolicy, in which case you're
right :).

> The split was done at the wrong time, but it can go into 3.4 even
> though it strictly breaks the "no new features during beta"-rule,
> right?

Right. I thought I could fix that mistake, but I was too ambitious.
It's not a big deal, but I thought I could root out some BBB problems
by doing it the Right Way. Thankfully Stephan reminded me that it
wasn't that easy.