[Zope-dev] buildout "tests_require" analogue

Chris McDonough chrism at plope.com
Wed Nov 14 15:10:50 EST 2007

Is there an equivalent for "tests_require" in buildout.cfg/
zc.recipe.testrunner?

The reason I ask is this... currently the zope.18n distribution has an
install_requires that looks something like this:

     install_requires=[
              'setuptools',
              'pytz',
              'zope.i18nmessageid',
              'zope.component [zcml]',
              'zope.configuration',
            ]

That's actually a no-good pack of lies, though. ;-)  I'd like to
change setup.py to something like this:

     test_suite = "__main__.alltests", # to support "setup.py test"
     tests_require=[
              'zope.testing',
              'pytz',
              'zope.component [zcml]',
              'zope.configuration',
              ],
     install_requires=[
              'setuptools',
              'pytz',
              'zope.i18nmessageid',
              'zope.component',
              # *we* do not require zope.configuration at all. Our tests
              # do (for silly reasons) and the framework which uses
our zcml
              # does.
              ],

But I want buildout tests to continue to work.  I suspect the rest of
this discussion is going to hurt. ;-)

- C