[Zope-dev] Solved!, was: Re: Escaping special characters in ZCTextIndex.QueryParser?

Robert Casties casties at mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Wed Nov 28 11:53:22 EST 2007

mustapha wrote:

> Robert Casties wrote:
>> Enclosing the words with double quotes has not helped, neither have
>> backslashes...
>
> You have to enclose  your string with double quotes and then with single
> quote. So the parser gets the double quotes with the search string
> The parser does not interpret the string between double quotes.

Ok, it was my fault :-(

The query parser does not interpret expressions in double quotes, it was
my special splitter that got called from the QueryParser (I didn't know
that the QueryParser does that) that split and deleted all parentheses
before the actual search.

Now I have changed my splitter and it works as expected.

Thanks a lot

	Robert