[Zope-dev] Re: AW: [Checkins] SVN: z3c.jbot/ Initial import.

Daniel Nouri daniel.nouri at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 04:04:56 EST 2007

Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>> btw, I think since we use buildout, it's not possible to
>> implement mixed Zope3/Five packages bacause setup has to
>> define the Five packages too. right?
>
> In general, it makes the reuse of a package difficult if it depends on
> Zope 2 stuff (incl. Five).

As Malthe explains, the implementation does not depend on Five, the
tests do.  Is he supposed to put the Five dependent tests into a
different package?  I think there's little to gain from that, and the
added burden of having two packages.

And, I don't see why patching a base class that both Zope 3 and Zope 2
share is a "magic dependency".

Daniel