[Zope-dev] AW: [Zope3-dev] I'd lobe to merge the zope3-dev and zope-dev lists

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Sat Oct 6 11:20:00 EDT 2007

--On 6. Oktober 2007 12:03:06 -0300 David Pratt <fairwinds at eastlink.ca>
wrote:

> I agree with you Roger. I want things to stay as they are for the same
> reasons. I have great respect for Zope 2 developers however there there
> are two development paradigms at play that are fundamentally incompatible
> despite the inclusion of component architecture in Zope 2.

What do you man by "two development paradigms"?

Please don't build a wall between Zope 2 and Zope 3 developers. Most
"old-school" Zope 2 developers are doing development also with Zope 3
components and Zope 3 techniques. Look at Plone 3.0 and its heavy usage of
Zope 3
techniques...impressing. The Zope 3 development paradigms are highly
accepted by most Zope 2 core developers...we are all sitting in the same
boat. There is a fundamental difference in the Zope 2 and Zope 3
architecture but little difference between the paradigms how we should
design and write software on top of the Zope platform in the future.

The distinction between Zope 2 and Zope 3 must disappear. We must speak of
"Zope". Everything else is counterproductive when it comes to promoting
Zope. There is only one Zope developer community and most of us have a Zope
2 and a Zope 3 hat on (others have a CMF or a Plone head). An artificial
separation between Zope 2 and Zope 3 developers is undesirable in my
opinion.

Andreas